Terms, Conditions & Agreements
WEBSITE TERMS OF SERVICE
USE OF OUR WEBSITE
You agree to use our website for legitimate purposes and not for any illegal or unauthorized purpose, including without limitation, in violation of any intellectual property or privacy law. By agreeing to the Terms, you represent and warrant that you are at least the age of majority in your state or province of residence and are legally capable of entering into a binding contract.
You agree to not use our website to conduct any activity that would constitute a civil or criminal offence or violate any law. You agree not to attempt to interfere with our website’s network or security features or to gain unauthorized access to our systems.
We reserve the right to refuse service to anyone, at any time, for any reason. We reserve the right to make any modifications to the website, including terminating, changing, suspending or discontinuing any aspect of the website at any time, without notice. We may impose additional rules or limits on the use of our website. You agree to review the Terms regularly and your continued access or use of our website will mean that you agree to any changes.
You agree that we will not be liable to you or any third party for any modification, suspension or discontinuance of our website or for any service, content, feature or product offered through our website.
All purchases through our website are subject to product availability. We may, in our sole discretion, limit or cancel the quantities offered on our website or limit the sales of our products or services to any person, household, geographic region or jurisdiction.
Prices for our products are subject to change, without notice. Unless otherwise indicated, prices displayed on our website are quoted in United States dollars (USD).
We reserve the right, in our sole discretion, to refuse orders, including without limitation, orders that appear to be placed by distributors or resellers. If we believe that you have made a false or fraudulent order, we will be entitled to cancel the order and inform the relevant authorities.
We do not guarantee the accuracy of the colour or design of the products on our website. We have made efforts to ensure the colour and design of our products are displayed as accurately as possible on our website.
LINKS TO THIRD-PARTY WEBSITES
Links from or to websites outside our website are meant for convenience only. We do not review, endorse, approve or control, and are not responsible for any sites linked from or to our website, the content of those sites, the third parties named therein, or their products and services. Linking to any other site is at your sole risk and we will not be responsible or liable for any damages in connection with linking. Links to downloadable software sites are for convenience only and we are not responsible or liable for any difficulties or consequences associated with downloading the software. Use of any downloaded software is governed by the terms of the license agreement, if any, which accompanies or is provided with the software.
USE COMMENTS, FEEDBACK, AND OTHER SUBMISSIONS
You acknowledge that you are responsible for the information, profiles, opinions, messages, comments and any other content (collectively, the “Content”) that you post, distribute or share on or through our website or services available in connection with our website. You further acknowledge that you have full responsibility for the Content, including but limited to, with respect to its legality, and its trademark, copyright and other intellectual property ownership.
You agree that any Content submitted by you in response to a request by us for a specific submission may be edited, adapted, modified, recreated, published, or distributed by us. You further agree that we are under no obligation to maintain any Content in confidence, to pay compensation for any Content or to respond to any Content.
You agree that you will not post, distribute or share any Content on our website that is protected by copyright, trademark, patent or any other proprietary right without the express consent of the owner of such proprietary right. You further agree that your Content will not be unlawful, abusive or obscene nor will it contain any malware or computer virus that could affect our website’s operations. You will be solely liable for any Content that you make and its accuracy. We have no responsibility and assume no liability for any Content posted by you or any third-party.
We reserve the right to terminate your ability to post on our website and to remove and/or delete any Content that we deem objectionable. You consent to such removal and/or deletion and waive any claim against us for the removal and/or deletion of your Content.
YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
ERRORS AND OMISSIONS
Please note that our website may contain typographical errors or inaccuracies and may not be complete or current. We reserve the right to correct any errors, inaccuracies or omissions and to change or update information at any time, without prior notice (including after an order has been submitted). Such errors, inaccuracies or omissions may relate to product description, pricing, promotion and availability and we reserve the right to cancel or refuse any order placed based on incorrect pricing or availability information, to the extent permitted by applicable law.
We do not undertake to update, modify or clarify information on our website, except as required by law.
DISCLAIMER AND LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
You assume all responsibility and risk with respect to your use of our website, which is provided “as is” without warranties, representations or conditions of any kind, either express or implied, with regard to information accessed from or via our website, including without limitation, all content and materials, and functions and services provided on our website, all of which are provided without warranty of any kind, including but not limited to warranties concerning the availability, accuracy, completeness or usefulness of content or information, uninterrupted access, and any warranties of title, non-infringement, merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose. We do not warrant that our website or its functioning or the content and material of the services made available thereby will be timely, secure, uninterrupted or error-free, that defects will be corrected, or that our websites or the servers that make our website available are free of viruses or other harmful components.
The use of our website is at your sole risk and you assume full responsibility for any costs associated with your use of our website. We will not be liable for any damages of any kind related to the use of our website.
In no event will we, or our affiliates, our or their respective content or service providers, or any of our or their respective directors, officers, agents, contractors, suppliers or employees be liable to you for any direct, indirect, special, incidental, consequential, exemplary or punitive damages, losses or causes of action, or lost revenue, lost profits, lost business or sales, or any other type of damage, whether based in contract or tort (including negligence), strict liability or otherwise, arising from your use of, or the inability to use, or the performance of, our website or the content or material or functionality through our website, even if we are advised of the possibility of such damages.
Certain jurisdictions do not allow limitation of liability or the exclusion or limitation of certain damages. In such jurisdictions, some or all of the above disclaimers, exclusions, or limitations, may not apply to you and our liability will be limited to the maximum extent permitted by law.
You agree to defend and indemnify us, and hold us and our affiliates harmless, and our and their respective directors, officers, agents, contractors, and employees against any losses, liabilities, claims, expenses (including legal fees) in any way arising from, related to or in connection with your use of our website, your violation of the Terms, or the posting or transmission of any materials on or through the website by you, including but not limited to, any third party claim that any information or materials provided by you infringe upon any third party proprietary rights.
The Terms and any documents expressly referred to in them represent the entire agreement between you and us in relation to the subject matter of the Terms and supersede any prior agreement, understanding or arrangement between you and us, whether oral or in writing. Both you and we acknowledge that, in entering into these Terms, neither you nor we have relied on any representation, undertaking or promise given by the other or implied from anything said or written between you and us prior to such Terms, except as expressly stated in the Terms.
Our failure to exercise or enforce any right or provision of the Terms will not constitute a waiver of such right or provision. A waiver by us of any default will not constitute a waiver of any subsequent default. No waiver by us is effective unless it is communicated to you in writing.
Any headings and titles herein are for convenience only.
If any of the provisions of the Terms are determined by any competent authority to be invalid, unlawful or unenforceable, such provision will to that extent be severed from the remaining Terms, which will continue to be valid and enforceable to the fullest extent permitted by law.
IF YOU ARE A U.S. RESIDENT, YOU ALSO AGREE TO THE FOLLOWING MANDATORY ARBITRATION PROVISIONS:
ARBITRATION AGREEMENT AND CLASS ACTION WAIVER:
This Arbitration Agreement facilitates the prompt and efficient resolution of any disputes that may arise between you and ShirtPunch. Arbitration is a form of private dispute resolution in which parties to a contract agree to submit their disputes and potential disputes to a neutral third person (called an arbitrator) for a binding decision, instead of having such dispute(s) decided in a lawsuit, in court, by a judge or jury trial. You have the right to opt-out of this Arbitration Agreement (as explained below), which means you would retain your right to litigate your disputes in a court, either before a judge or jury.
Please read this Arbitration Agreement carefully. It provides that all disputes between you and ShirtPunch shall be resolved by binding arbitration. Arbitration replaces the right to go to court. In the absence of this arbitration agreement, you may otherwise have a right or opportunity to bring claims in a court, before a judge or jury, and/or to participate in or be represented in a case filed in court by others (including, but not limited to, class actions). Except as otherwise provided, entering into this Arbitration Agreement constitutes a waiver of your right to litigate claims in court and all opportunity to be heard by a judge or jury. There is no judge or jury in arbitration, and court review of an arbitration award is limited. The arbitrator must follow this Arbitration Agreement and can award the same damages and relief as a court (including attorney’s fees, if otherwise authorized by applicable law).
For the purpose of this Arbitration Agreement, “ShirtPunch” means ShirtPunch and its parents, subsidiaries, and affiliated companies, and each of their respective officers, directors, employees, and agents. The term “Dispute” means any dispute, claim, or controversy between you and ShirtPunch regarding any aspect of your relationship with ShirtPunch, whether based in contract, statute, regulation, ordinance, tort (including, but not limited to, fraud, misrepresentation, fraudulent inducement, negligence, gross negligence or reckless behavior), or any other legal or equitable theory, and includes the validity, enforceability or scope of this Arbitration Agreement (with the exception of the enforceability of the Class Action Waiver clause below). “Dispute” is to be given the broadest possible meaning that will be enforced.
WE EACH AGREE THAT, EXCEPT AS PROVIDED BELOW, ANY AND ALL DISPUTES, AS DEFINED ABOVE, WHETHER PRESENTLY IN EXISTENCE OR BASED ON ACTS OR OMISSIONS IN THE PAST OR IN THE FUTURE, WILL BE RESOLVED EXCLUSIVELY AND FINALLY BY BINDING ARBITRATION RATHER THAN IN COURT IN ACCORDANCE WITH THIS ARBITRATION AGREEMENT.
Pre-Arbitration Dispute Resolution:
For all Disputes, whether pursued in court or arbitration, you must first give ShirtPunch an opportunity to resolve the Dispute. You must commence this process by mailing written notification to 18 Raitherm Road, North York Ontario M6B 3X9 CANADA. That written notification must include (1) your name, (2) your address, (3) a written description of the Dispute, and (4) a description of the specific relief you seek. If ShirtPunch does not resolve the Dispute to your satisfaction within 45 days after it receives your written notification, you may pursue your Dispute in arbitration. You may pursue your Dispute in a court only under the circumstances described below.
If this Arbitration Agreement applies and the Dispute is not resolved as provided above (“Pre- Arbitration Claim Resolution”) either you or ShirtPunch may initiate arbitration proceedings. The American Arbitration Association (“AAA”), www.adr.org, or JAMS, www.jamsadr.com, will arbitrate all Disputes, and the arbitration will be conducted before a single arbitrator. The arbitration shall be commenced as an individual arbitration, and shall in no event be commenced as a representative or class arbitration. All issues shall be for the arbitrator to decide, including the scope of this Arbitration Agreement.
For arbitration before the AAA, for Disputes of less than $75,000, the AAA’s Supplementary Procedures for Consumer-Related Disputes will apply; for Disputes involving $75,000 or more, the AAA’s Commercial Arbitration Rules will apply. In either instance, the AAA’s Optional Rules For Emergency Measures Of Protection shall apply. The AAA rules are available at www.adr.org or by calling 1-800-778-7879. For arbitration before JAMS, the JAMS Comprehensive Arbitration Rules & Procedures and the JAMS Recommended Arbitration Discovery Protocols For Domestic, Commercial Cases will apply. The JAMS rules are available at www.jamsadr.com or by calling 1-800-352-5267. This Arbitration Agreement governs in the event it conflicts with the applicable arbitration rules. Under no circumstances will class action procedures or rules apply to the arbitration.
Because your contract with ShirtPunch, the Terms of Service, and this this Arbitration Agreement concern interstate commerce, the Federal Arbitration Act (“FAA”) governs the arbitrability of all Disputes. However, the arbitrator will apply applicable substantive law consistent with the FAA and the applicable statute of limitations or condition precedent to suit.
The arbitrator may award on an individual basis any relief that would be available pursuant to applicable law, and will not have the power to award relief to, against or for the benefit of any person who is not a party to the proceeding. The arbitrator shall make any award in writing but need not provide a statement of reasons unless requested by a party. Such award by the arbitrator will be final and binding on the parties, except for any right of appeal provided by the
FAA, and may be entered in any court having jurisdiction over the parties for purposes of enforcement.
Location of Arbitration:
You may initiate arbitration in either Ontario, Canada, or in the federal judicial district that includes your address that you provide in your written notification of Pre-Arbitration Dispute Resolution. In the event that ShirtPunch initiates an arbitration, it may only do so in the federal judicial district that includes your address that you provide in your written notification of Pre- Arbitration Dispute Resolution.
Payment of Arbitration Fees and Costs:
ShirtPunch will pay all arbitration filing fees and arbitrator’s costs and expenses upon your written request given prior to the commencement of the arbitration. You are responsible for all additional fees and costs that you incur in the arbitration, including, but not limited to, attorneys or expert witnesses. Fees and costs may be awarded as provided pursuant to applicable law. In addition to any rights to recover fees and costs under applicable law, if you provide notice and negotiate in good faith with ShirtPunch as provided in the section above titled “Pre-Arbitration Dispute Resolution” and the arbitrator concludes that you are the prevailing party in the arbitration, you will be entitled to recover from ShirtPunch your actual and reasonable attorney’s fees and costs as determined by the arbitrator.
Class Action Waiver:
The parties agree that the arbitrator may not consolidate more than one person’s claims, and may not otherwise preside over any form of a class or representative proceeding or claims (such as a class action, representative action, consolidated action or private attorney general action) unless both you and ShirtPunch specifically agree to do so following initiation of the arbitration. Neither you, nor any other Member of ShirtPunch and/or user of ShirtPunch services, can be a class representative, class member, or otherwise participate in a class, representative, consolidated or private attorney general proceeding without having complied with the opt-out requirements above.
Limitation of Procedural Rights:
You understand and agree that, by entering into this Arbitration Agreement, you and ShirtPunch are each agreeing to arbitration instead of the right to a trial before a judge or jury in a public court. In the absence of this Arbitration Agreement, you and ShirtPunch might otherwise have had a right or opportunity to bring Disputes in a court, before a judge or jury, and/or to participate or be represented in a case filed in court by others (including class actions). Except as otherwise provided below, you give up those rights. Other rights that you would have if you went to court, such as the right to appeal and to certain types of discovery, may be more limited in arbitration. The right to appellate review of an arbitrator’s decision is much more limited than in court, and in general an arbitrator’s decision may not be appealed for errors of fact or law.
If any clause within this Arbitration Agreement (other than the Class Action Waiver clause above) is found to be illegal or unenforceable, that clause will be severed from this Arbitration Agreement, and the remainder of this Arbitration Agreement will be given full force and effect.
If the Class Action Waiver clause is found to be illegal or unenforceable, then this entire Arbitration Agreement will be unenforceable, and the Dispute will be decided by a court.
This Arbitration Agreement shall survive the termination of your contract with ShirtPunch and your use of ShirtPunch services.
QUESTIONS OR CONCERNS
Please send all questions, comments and feedback to us at [email protected]
This is the agreement between you as either an individual artist or as the legal authorized representative of a group and ShirtPunch.com. By uploading your final artwork, you are affirming that you understand and agree to the following terms and conditions which serve as a contract between you and ShirtPunch.com.
- Term. The term of this agreement starts on the date that the Artist Elements are initially uploaded to any ShirtPunch.com Site(s) and continues until either Artist or ShirtPunch.com terminates this Agreement in writing.
- Ownership. Artist at all times retains all right and title to the design provided by artist hereunder.
- License To Use Artist Elements. As and when Artist Elements are uploaded to the ShirtPunch.com Site(s), Artist grants to ShirtPunch.com a worldwide, non-exclusive license to do the following things during the Term:
- to produce, sell and distribute Artist's Design for a limited time specified hereunder.
- to display, reproduce, exhibit, broadcast, transmit, distribute through any electronic means or other means, and electronically or otherwise publish Artist Elements by any and all means and media;
- to modify, adapt, change or otherwise alter the Artist Elements (e.g., change the color or size).
- During the Term, ShirtPunch.com's licenses under this Agreement include the right to use any part of the Artist Elements in the promotion, advertising or marketing of the ShirtPunch.com Sites.
- As used in this Agreement, the term "Artist Elements" means any content sent to the ShirtPunch.com Site(s) which may include Artist's name(s) (including professional names), photographs, biographical materials, designs, illustration and artwork.
- Payment and Sale Period: Artist agrees to a royalty of 10% (ten percent) per item sold on the ShirtPunch.com Site(s) of their design, during the 24 hour sale period, paid by ShirtPunch.com to the Artist via Paypal on any and all merchandise that use the design provided by Artist hereunder. Unless otherwise agreed between artist and shirtpunch.com in a writing from shirtpunch.com, the license granted to shirtpunch.com under this agreement to produce, sell and distribute artist's design ends after the 24 hour sale period of the artist's design.
- Representations and Warranties. Artist represents and warrants that:
- Artist has the full right and power to enter into and perform this Agreement and to grant ShirtPunch.com all rights to use the Artist Elements as contemplated in this Agreement;
- Artist has obtained all necessary third-party consents, rights, licenses and permissions, if any, required for Artist to enter into and perform this Agreement and to grant ShirtPunch.com the rights to use the Artist Elements set out in this Agreement (including, without limitation, consents and permissions from owners of any elements that are used in the Artist Elements),
- Artist Elements (and ShirtPunch.com 's use of them under this Agreement) do not and will not infringe on any rights of any third party, including any trademark, copyright, patent, trade secret, right of privacy or publicity or moral rights of any third party,
- All information that Artist has provided or will provide to ShirtPunch.com is true and complete,
- Artist Elements do not and will not violate any law, statute, ordinance or regulation,
- If Artist or any member of Artist's group is a minor, Artist hereby warrants that Artist has the legal right to execute this Agreement on behalf of the minor artist and guarantee such person's performance of the terms of this Agreement. These warranties shall survive any termination of this Agreement.
- Indemnity. Artist agrees to defend, indemnify, reimburse and hold ShirtPunch.com and its subsidiary and affiliated entities, and its and their members, managers, officers, directors, representatives, employees, agents, successors, designees, licensees, sublicensees and assigns harmless from and against any and all liability, loss, damages, judgments, costs and expenses (including reasonable attorney's fees, costs and expenses and court costs) arising out of or related to:
- Artist's use of the ShirtPunch.com Site(s);
- any breach or alleged breach of Artist's representations and warranties and/or any breach, alleged breach or violation of the notices, terms and conditions of this Agreement;
- Artist's violation or alleged or threatened violation of any rights of a third party, including, without limitation, any trademark, copyright, patent, trade secret, right of privacy or publicity or moral rights of any third party, arising from the submission and/or use of Artist Elements to ShirtPunch.com as provided in this Agreement.
- ShirtPunch.com's Performance. Artist acknowledges and agrees that the operation of the ShirtPunch.com Site(s) may from time to time encounter technical or other problems and may not necessarily continue uninterrupted or without technical or other errors and ShirtPunch.com will not be responsible to Artist or others for any interruptions, errors or problems or even for an outright discontinuance of the ShirtPunch.com service. There are no assurances whatsoever that any of the Artist Elements or any part or element of Artist Elements will actually be used on the ShirtPunch.com Site or if used will continue to be available for any particular time. ShirtPunch.com has the right, in ShirtPunch.com 's sole and absolute discretion, to remove from the ShirtPunch.com Site(s) at any time the Artist Elements or any part of them. The ShirtPunch.com Site may be discontinued at any time, with or without reason and all Artist Elements sent to ShirtPunch.com or Representative may be removed and unavailable for recovery by any means. Artist and only Artist is responsible for maintaining at Artist's expense and in facilities owned or controlled only by Artist any and all original Elements or so-called back-up copies of all or any part of the Artist Elements.
- No Liability for Third Party Use. Shirtpunch.com disclaims all responsibility and liability for any third-party use of the artist designs made available on the shirtpunch.com website by the artist pursuant to the terms of this agreement. Artist shall be solely responsible for seeking relief for any unauthorized use of artist designs by a third-party, and not from shirtpunch.com. This means, among other things, that if another person obtains artist designs from shirtpunch.com (whether or not with shirtpunch.com's permission), and uses those designs in a way not authorized by the licenses granted under this agreement artist will seek redress or recovery from the other person and not from shirtpunch.com, and that artist will not hold shirtpunch.com responsible or liable for such unauthorized use.
- Copyright and Trademark Notices. ShirtPunch.com, the ShirtPunch.com logos and mascots, and the layout and design of the ShirtPunch.com Site(s), among other marks that may appear on the ShirtPunch.com Site(s) are trademarks of ShirtPunch.com. Other trademarks and service marks on the ShirtPunch.com Site(s) may be the property of the advertisers, content partners and/or providers, or other third parties. Artist may not use any of the ShirtPunch.com Marks without ShirtPunch.com 's prior written permission, and Artist may not use any third-party marks without the third party's prior written permission.
- Artist's use of the ShirtPunch.com Site(s);
ShirtPunch.com reserves the right to amend the terms of this Agreement from time to time in its sole discretion. ShirtPunch.com will notify Artist of any material changes to this Agreement by sending an email to the address listed in Artist's account. If Artist continues to upload Artist Elements after being notified of the changes to the Agreement, Artist will be deemed to have accepted those changes and the new terms of the Agreement will govern all prior and future submissions of Artist Elements. If Artist does not accept the new terms of the Agreement, Artist's only and exclusive remedy will be to terminate this Agreement. Otherwise, this Agreement may be changed only by a writing signed by both parties that specifically refers to the parties' intent to amend this Agreement. by signing "i agree", you are consenting to be bound by and are becoming a party to this agreement with respect to the work you are currently submitting as well as with respect to work you have submitted in the past and may submit in the future.
- Artist's use of the ShirtPunch.com Site(s);